From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Jose Raul Baron
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 8:52 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: How to implement samba LFS ? - PJBR

The scenario is this:

In my zLinux (zSeries with SLES9 etc.) I have mounted a Windows (windows
2000 (c)) disk via smbfs.
I want to generate a file in that smbfs type disk. If the file I generate is
< 2 GB, then no problem. The problem arises if and only if the file I
generate reaches a size over 2 GB. (The db2 export process starts and you
can see the file growing and growing in your Windows Explorer (c). But when
it gets to 2.197.052 a cancellation occurs with the message "SQL10018N  The
disk is full.  Processing was ended." which is not true: I have 70 GB free
but the smbfs has a 2 GB limit. (Unless you know how to overcome this, of
course).

Saludos,

José R. Barón
Dpto. Sistemas