>>> On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at  3:21 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tom Duerbusch
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Right, on a normal load basis, this is correct.  But, in most "normal
> load" machines, there are abnormal times.  Such as applying a service
> pack, or a runaway program that eats up storage, or some bogus process
> (or dumb user) starting up VNCSERVER, over and over (multiple copies
> running), or.....

Sorry, but I can't agree with this.  If you have your guests set up to only use
xMB of VDISK, if you have a runaway process, the Linux OOM killer will kick in
and solve the problem (one way or another).  Don't allocate more than two
VDISKS and prioritize them.  Set an alert so that when the second one starts
being used, a human will look at the system to find out why.  Limit your guests
and their VDISKS to what your system can tolerate at peak load.  It's more work
to set up, but in the long run will save you headaches.