>>> On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 10:36 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tom Duerbusch
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-snip-
> One of the origional posts was on the pros and cons of vdisk.  No one
> brought up that it is a shared resource, in a shared environment.
> Anytime you abuse a shared resource, it will cause performance problems
> with all other guests.  Vdisk isn't free or worry free.  That is the
> jist of the discussion from my point of view.

The whole point of z/VM is sharing resources.  Explain how VDISK is any
different from the rest of them.  The systems programmer has absolute control
over how resources are shared.  If bad things happen because a guest actually
uses what it was granted, the problem lies not with the fact that the guest
used it, but with the systems programmer.