> I am going from SLES9 64bit to SLES10.  This will be an LPAR only
> update/install.
>  Does the SuSE documentation adequately describe this
> process?

No. It doesn't really get updated much for specific platforms, and
LPAR/bare metal is *very* rare. Any docs that might exist will probably
be in the installation notes, and they're not likely to be
LPAR-specific.

>  Does anyone have any tips before I begin this effort.

1) Order z/VM if you at all possibly can. It's so cheap now that you
really *can* afford it, and you'll make it up in your time and
productivity savings. If your local IBM office can't figure out how to
loan it to you to prove how much easier life is, drop me a note and I'll
hook you up with a nationwide IBM person that does possess that clue.

2) For safety reasons, take your SLES9 disks offline while you do the
SLES10 install. The new install *probably* won't hurt them, but I'd be
very, very careful, as you don't have an easy backout if something does
go wrong.

3) Don't put the root filesystem on LVM. You'll really hate yourself if
you do.

4) Don't forget to regenerate your boot tape for SLES 10.

5) Check the size of the LPAR vs the recommended size. SLES 10 is bigger
than SLES 9, and you'll get unexplained frustrating behavior if the
install system runs out of storage.