On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 03:21:45PM -0400, David Boyes wrote:
> Lustre
> OpenAFS
> OpenDFS
> OpenGFS
> GPFS

OpenGFS is dead, especially now that GFS is free software again.
And OpenDFS doesn't exist, the name only every appeared in some mail
posts regarding the free software license release of an old DCE version.

Now when people talk about a cluster filesystem for oracle they usually
mean a shared storage filesystem.  Available as proper free software for
that are ocfs2 and gfs in the mainline kernel tree, and both have been
used for oracle clusters and the vendors promote them for that useage.

Lustre is also commonly called a cluster filesystem, but works very
differently, I would rather call it a massive-parallel distributed
filesyste.  (Open-)AFS and DFS also fall into that distributed
filesystem category, but they are a lot less optimized for HPC
or big commercial workloads than lustre.

GPFS also falls under the shared storeage filesystem category, but
it's not ported to 390 and a port would be rather non-trivial due
to some of it's design decisions.  The GPFS kernel code is now
in theory available as free software aswell, but the IBM codedrop
I have is not actually buildable, and it lacks the userspace
which is very intimately tied with the kernel code.