So far, I'm not all that impressed with OCFS. DEC's ADVFS was quite a
bit more sophisticated, IMHO, and had much better management tooling.

I spent sometime reading about AFS this weekend and I am thinking on
setting it up on one of my Linux guests.
I am not optimistic that the performance for an Oracle file system
will be anywhere near what I get with a locally mounted LVM/ext3.
On the other hand, we have problems today when we want to extend the
size of the Oracle filesystem.   We need to take it down before
mounting.   I am hoping that AFS will fix that problem.
Thank you for your feedback.