> After looking I fount that there are several Wiki
> engines available. Which
> one is the best?  Is that like asking which editor is the best?

Pretty much. Most of the differences are on the back ends, and they all
pretty much provide similar services and tools. You should put some time
into planning the information organization framework, otherwise the tool
really won't help you much.

> MediaWiki will run on Debian-390. Is anyone running a Wiki on a
mainframe?
> Is that a good place to
> run one?

We do (running mediawiki for that reason, in fact). It works fine,
although you'll see occasional short bursts of CPU usage when someone
submits a page because of the scans for metatags in the pages.

The hardest part we found about using wiki software was that the
documentation on how to get started is really genuinely awful. The
Wikipedia author's guide is pretty much the best thing available, so
it's worth reading it first.