Hello!
Would someone please correct this assertion, or even refute it?
According to what I remember from earlier discussions, a 9672 family
member is a 32 bit machine, and can only run releases of z/VM leading
up to probably 4.4. And amongst the Linux distributions out there,
only ones who still contain 32 bit based kernels.

And of course they have the standard I/O channels.

Earlier in the week I ran a search for the term OEMI on the IBM
website and got a smattering of usual hits, one such discussed that
family and covered what it was capable of doing, it confirmed that it
was discontinued around the turn of the century in favor of the
majority of machines out there today.

I am looking at furthering my interests in things Linux and certainly
z/VM and regular VM, and for those reasons concerning the I/O
channels, and naturally that was an interesting family of machines.
For those of you who are interested, please contact me off-list, Adam,
David B, certainly you both might be interested.

--
Gregg C Levine [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"This signature was once found posting rude