On 5/24/07, John Summerfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Alan Altmark wrote:
> On Thursday, 05/24/2007 at 08:48 ZE8, John Summerfield
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> For some of us, the only interesting VM is one we are permitted to run
>> under Hercules:-)
>
> :-)  Beauty.  Beholder.  But I can't abide anyone calling VM/370 "normal
> VM".   Them thar's fightin' woids!

Dr Who said "Regular," not "Normal."

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please do not reply off-list

Hello!
I did indeed. In fact a member of the 9672 family that I met several
years ago, admittedly not running VM, he was running something posing
as Open MVS, with original RS/6000s working as workstations. I was
impressed. That's how I realized what the machine used to communicate
with us besides the usual terminals.

It also confirmed a theory, then, on how the whole nature behind the
basic I/O channels work, one I am still studying today.

And this happened shortly after the RS/6000 basic design was
announced, figure about 1995 or so. Perhaps as late as 1998. It was at
UNIX Expo.

I also met the RS/6000 system there as was impressed by it. But not as
much as when I see a Z box at work.

Alan please realize that I am aware of how far VM has grown up into
z/VM, but I needed to offer a marker as to what I was used to.

--
Gregg C Levine [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"This signature was once found posting rude