From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
McKown, John
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:15 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: OK - a really stupid question.

Ah. And I hadn't thought about it much, but it would be likely that
enabling the zAAP would require a change to z/Linux dispatching as it
did to z/OS as well as a modified JVM. Modifying the JVM might be OK.
But to modify the z/Linux dispatcher would likely put out "too much"
information about how the zAAP is enabled. Right now, that information
is rather restricted so that some "hot shot" would not be as likely to
try to "fake out" the z/OS dispatcher to get his own non-Java code to
run on a zAAP. Of course, this later is just speculation on my part.

--
John McKown

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

SunTrust and Seeing beyond money are federally registered service marks of
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]