We haven't really tested the GDPS Automation part, but XRC is working pretty
well for us, and we have brought up VM and Linuxes at the D/R site. GDPS
WILL automate the activation of the LPAR so as long as you have everything
set to come up automagically from there you should be fine.
The only thing I'm still having trouble with is doing an SFS FILESERV
GENERATE while the volumes are in XRC. That was giving me a RC901 and
crashing the SDMplex, but IBM has opened an APAR for that.
Mary Anne

On 6/28/07, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thursday, 06/28/2007 at 04:04 AST, "Richards.Bob"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Unfortunately, my backup site is about 500 miles away. PPRC is not an
> option here. Does TSA for Linux also require PPRC? Are there any plans
> to support GDPS/XRC customers?

Yes, it requires PPRC.  PPRC V2 has Global Mirror for long-distance
connections.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott