Mary Anne,

Any gotchas in your XRC setup?

Bob Richards

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mary Anne Matyaz
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 7:25 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: GDPS/XRC for z/VM and Linux volumes

We haven't really tested the GDPS Automation part, but XRC is working
pretty
well for us, and we have brought up VM and Linuxes at the D/R site. GDPS
WILL automate the activation of the LPAR so as long as you have
everything
set to come up automagically from there you should be fine.
The only thing I'm still having trouble with is doing an SFS FILESERV
GENERATE while the volumes are in XRC. That was giving me a RC901 and
crashing the SDMplex, but IBM has opened an APAR for that.
Mary Anne

On 6/28/07, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thursday, 06/28/2007 at 04:04 AST, "Richards.Bob"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, my backup site is about 500 miles away. PPRC is not
an
> > option here. Does TSA for Linux also require PPRC? Are there any
plans
> > to support GDPS/XRC customers?
>
> Yes, it requires PPRC.  PPRC V2 has Global Mirror for long-distance
> connections.
>
> Alan Altmark
> z/VM Development
> IBM Endicott

> send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390
or
> visit

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

SunTrust and Seeing beyond money are federally registered service marks of
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]