Bob,
AFAIK GDPS/XRC is a supported configuration except that only the Linux I/O
is timestamped and hence XRC eligible while I/O on VM's own behalf is not
(unless it changed recently). I.e. if this is acceptable for your setup you
should be able adding Linux volumes to your XRC configuration. Not sure
about the GDPS side of the configuration, hence adding Dave Petersen on
copy. He should be able telling us whether he can manage Linux operated
minidisks or whether he requires dedicated disks when running Linux under
z/VM in a GDPS/XRC setup.

Best regards
Ingo