From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Mark Post
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 12:14 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: qeth: No memory for packet received on hsi0.

>>> On Fri, Jul 6, 2007 at  9:57 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Peter
E. Abresch Jr.   - at Pepco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am seeing the following in my message log many times for my
Hipersocket.
> Does anyone know what it means and how I can eliminate it?
>
> Jul  5 13:34:45 linuxp01 kernel: Normal: empty
> Jul  5 13:34:45 linuxp01 kernel: HighMem: empty
> Jul  5 13:34:45 linuxp01 kernel: Swap cache: add 1670971, delete
1648898,
> find 511457/855362, race 0+1
-snip-

I suspect there are more messages of interest before these.

I'm simply guessing, but it looks as though the qeth driver was trying
to allocate a buffer, and that failed.  Why, I have no idea.

What kernel is this?  Do you have the latest and greatest on for that
platform?  I don't recall if you're running z/VM or not, but if you are,
do you have all the Linux-related maintenance on?

What all is running on this system?  It seems as though you've got about
768MB of "RAM" allocated to the system.  What does a "free" command
show?

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Prince George’s County
Government or Prince George's County 7th Judicial Circuit Court proprietary
information, which is privileged and confidential. This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and
any printout.