>>> On Mon, Jul 2, 2007 at  3:27 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Hall,
Ken (GTI)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Udev should handle this automatically.  Like I said in the previous
> note, however, it can take up to 10 seconds for the device node to
> appear.

When dealing with real hardware, this could very well be the case.  I have my
doubts that is what is operating here, with a completely internal-to-Linux
device node.

>  Race conditions of this type appear to be common during
> rc.sysinit, and also affect fcp devices, particularly when you use them
> in combination with LVM and/or multipath.  Red Hat supposedly has a fix
> either available or coming soon.

I'm not aware of any such reports for SLES, but that doesn't mean a lot, since
I'm not on the receiving end of any problem reports.