>>> On Thu, Jul 5, 2007 at  9:45 AM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Susan Zimmerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Christian.

Not him, but anyway...

> While at SLES9, would you recommend hcp be used instead of vmcp at least
> during boot?  The Basevol/Guestvol script uses hcp, but since it sounded
> like vmcp was preferred over hcp, I changed the script to invoke vmcp
> instead.

Depending on who you talk to you'll get various opinions about whether cpint or
vmcp is "preferred."  Both of them depend on a kernel module to create a device
node in /dev, so you're likely to have the same issue in either case.

> I see udev in the boot process before the vmcp is issued (Basevol/Guestvol
> script). However, it is within 4 seconds. If it can take up to 10 seconds,
> it sounds like the timing of this not consistent enough at SLES9.

A simple "sleep 10" command in your script would likely solve that.