On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 08:07:26AM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
> McKown, John wrote:
> >Not go anywhere? It was not designed as a general purpose language.
> >IIRC, the creator created it to control telescopes. I think it has a
> >larger audience in the embedded or process control world.

Very much so. My roommate spent 10 years doing it for a living for the
world's second largest manufacturer of electronic scales. (He got laid off,
and hasn't been able to find anyone else to work for, though; the embedded
space has almost entirely gone to C, and he doesn't ahve any C experience he
can put on his resume.)

> I believe that Jack Woehr also wrote a forth interpreter for VM/CMS
> sometime ago.

Dunno if it's his or not, but I've got a Forth for CMS tucked away
somewhere.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC                   http://www.conmicro.com
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com      http://www.tronguy.net