>>> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at  3:14 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Pieter Harder
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I had a look at the scoundrels gallery and apart from the wonderfull people
> in Boeblingen the only one I could identify as certifyably European is Rob vd
> Heij. Are we that behind the times in Europe (or anywhere else in the world
> besides the US for that matter)??? No wonder it is hard to get anything done
> with Linux on zSeries outside of the US.

I think that's an overly harsh assessment.  It may just be that most of the
people involved with this mailing list are from the US because we're not as
busy doing real work as many Europeans.  :)  Or we're just naturally more
vocal/whiny about things.  I don't know.  It's certainly not from a lack of
talent outside of the US, that's for sure.  But, I have to say, I always
wondered if Rob was certifiable or not.  Now I know.  Thanks!  =:O

Mark Post

p.s. Apologies to Rob, who knows far more about a lot of things with mainframe
Linux than I do.  (Don't want to alienate someone who's helped me out a lot!)