On Thursday, 01/10/2008 at 04:20 EST, Mark Post <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Alan
> Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> -snip-
> > 1. Telnet to the VM host (linemode is ok if you don't want 3270 stuff)
> > 2. Enter LOGON userid BY myid and then your password
> > 3. Make changes using Linux linemode toolset
>
> I just tried this with one of my OSDL guests.  I was able to get logged
onto
> z/VM, but after that, nothing seemed to happen except echoing of my
keyboard
> inputs.  Hitting enter just showed a ^M, and as far as I could tell,
wasn't
> actually passed on to the Linux system.  Is there some magic I'm
missing?

The ^M won't hit Linux.  It should have gotten an ATTN.  I can duplicate
what you're seeing with CMS and SET AUTOREAD OFF.  Perhaps something is
broken.  :-(

Note that you get what CP recognizes as a ASCII virtual console.  The
guest still sees an EBCDIC 3215, but CP and the telnet server deliver
block-mode ASCII to the client.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott