This was my first thought also, but on second blush, if you have properly
set up sudoers, then being able to log in as your own userid, listed in
sudoers, is sufficient, and you shouldn't need to log into root from
anywhere, in theory.

The downside of this theory comes in the form of certain vendor products,
which must be installed from root; not from root via an su -, and not from
root via sudo, but only from good, old fashioned root at a terminal, having
entered the root password. (IBM, you know who you are....)

--
   .~.    Robert P. Nix             Mayo Foundation
   /V\    RO-OE-5-55                200 First Street SW