>>> On Tue, Feb 5, 2008 at  3:15 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Stricklin, Raymond J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

-snip-
> It doesn't seem like a good idea in practice, though I couldn't put my
> finger on exactly why.

Ohh, I can.  If login for non-root users is broken for any reason, you're done.
 (Seen that happen a number of times on Intel/AMD systems.)  Securing the
physical console of a midrange server is usually not an issue, if it's on the
raised floor.  Not sure who would be wanted to do this.  Certainly not anyone
that's going to get called in the middle of the night to fix it.