On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 10:58 AM, John Summerfield
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I generally agree with those sentiments, but I would also consider
> vendor support now and in the future.

I consider ReiserFS still a bit niche development. If it is not
carried by the masses, some of the open source mechanisms don't scale
well. It may not be tested as well on s390, for example. I believe
early SuSE distributions had an endian problem in the ReiserFS
utilities. I know of several installations that lost their data when
fsck "repaired" things after an abrupt outage (could lead officials to
the dead drives)   I am just not very willing to try again.
-Rob