There are absolutely lots of problems with ReiserFS.  It's best
deployed on a home user's PC.  The journaling is great if you lose
power abruptly, but it's faster than some of the more mature
journaling file systems. It doesn't really pose a serious threat to
data integrity there because the most often anybody writes to their PC
filesystem is their nervous habit of saving documents they're working
on.  It makes little or no sense in commercial settings where high
data availability and high data integrity are paramount and where
performance issues get solved with faster hardware.

The important point I was trying to make had nothing to do with the
technical aspects of the software.  It was just clearing up FUD.  When
an open source project loses its lead developer, that doesn't mean you
have to throw your hands up and switch to a different software package
for your needs.  There's a whole community out there that can pick up
the slack.  That's the point.  Not whether anybody should be hastily
changing the format of enterprise file systems.

Sorry for any confusion I may have inadvertently caused.

Erik Johnson