On Monday, 07/14/2008 at 10:58 EDT, Douglas Wooster/Raleigh/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
> On 07/14/2008 12:35:26 AM Alan Altmark wrote:
> > OPENVM GETBFS and PUTBFS, as well as XEDIT, allow you to specify the
> > end-of-line sequence.  The default is NL (0x15).  You can also specify
> > CRLF (0x0D25), CRNL (0x0D15), or an arbitrary specification of your
> > choosing.
>
> Thanks, Alan.  Good feature.

I meant to say, too, that my PROFILE XEDIT looks at the first 150
characters of any BFS file I edit *before* I issue the LOAD subcommand
(PIPE BFS).  If it finds CRLF, CRNL, NL, or LF, it sets BFSLINE
appropriately.  Once I did that, I never again had a problem with an
uploaded text file from Windows, Unix, DOS, OS/2, MVS, or any other
platform.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott