> I don't believe that everyone believes in pruning out everything. Many
> people reply at the top. If for no other reason than replies can be
kept
> in context. I don't want to start a war about email etiquette here,
just
> to say that I believe that not everyone agrees with points 3 & 4
below.

I think more of us have simply given up trying to get people to do 3 &
4. Most of the "modern" workstation mail readers make it quite difficult
to do in a reasonable manner, and those of us still reading mail with
MAILBOOK and Pine (with proper mail editors like Emacs) just can't stem
the tide.

There are times where I really miss low bandwidth communications, where
the size of transfers actually mattered. That drove most of the
reasoning behind pruning out unnecessary stuff, and I think it helped
the clarity of the conversation. But, I'm old and cranky now, so I'll
shut up.

-- db