On Tuesday, 01/06/2009 at 09:42 EST, "van Sleeuwen, Berry"
<berry.vansleeu...@atosorigin.com> wrote:
> Yes, that was my idea also but there is a problem with my accounts at
> Novell and IBM. I can't open any issue at this time and my manager
> expects me to solve this within a few days.

Solving a transient kernel problem within a "few" days may or may not be
reasonable, but I think it assumes that you have a support structure in
place.  When you combine a false assumption with Management's natural
desire to expect you to deliver more than is reasonable, alarms should
begin to sound.  Perform an MER, Management Expectation Reset.  In my
experience, that's less of a hit than accepting an unreasonable request
and then failing.

And, if you do then happen to perform a miracle, they will call you
"Scotty" and worship the quicksand you walk on.  It doesn't get any better
than that!  ;-)

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott