Hello list,

I work as a Linux systems administrator. Currently we have about
200 virtual (vmWare) and 40 physical linux servers. Most of these
servers are used
for WAS (Websphere appserver), a few for WPS (Websphere process server),
and a few for other uses.
My employer is condidering zLinux (on a z10 BC mainframe). I have no
experience with mainframe, z/VM or zLinux.

Can you describe how you use zLinux? What kind of software do you run
on zLinux? how many zLinux instances per IFL, how much memory?
What kind of workloads do you think realizes most economic benefits on zLinux?

If you are familiar with other virtualization alternatives, can you
compare zLinux on zVM with them? (for instance cost, performance,
simplicity of administration, etc).

Thanks,

Erling