We are also using FDR products in the similar fashion to Aaron's group.

Some variations:

For Postgres on zLinux we use pgdump and FDR/Upstream to backup the
result.
For DB2 on zLinux we use native tools and use FDR/Upstream to backup the
result.
For Oracle on zLinux we use a combination of RMAN and FDR/Upstream
(native RMAN interface) to backup the result.
For z/VM we use FDR on zOS.

All using Hipersockets with excellent performance.
Have recovered at DR with complete success since starting in 2004.

Gerard C. Shockley
Boston University
gsh...@bu.edu

617.353.9898 (w)