There is a good IBM Test Report on Backup and Restore Manager for z/VM with
examples for setting up a backup jobs for z/VM guests and Linux images.
It is in the June 2008 z/OS V1R9.0 System z Platform Test Report for z/OS
and Linux Virtual Serverstest report located at
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/services/platformtest/servers/systemz_library.html.
Chapter 23.2 is where the Backup and Restore Manager info starts.

Duane