Another point is that cloning can take advantage of the IBM DASD Flashcopy,
which Kickstart cannot. In our cloning process, copying the volumes with DDR
takes roughly 8 seconds or so, for two 3390-27's. Kickstart can't copy the
data onto the DASD that fast, so I don't see how it could be quicker in any
sense.

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\