Mark,

I just tried that and the disks showed up as DIAG. But when I reboot,
they are not there:
lnxm500:/tmp # swapon -a
swapon: cannot stat /dev/dasdf1: No such file or directory
swapon: cannot stat /dev/dasdg1: No such file or directory
swapon: cannot stat /dev/dasdh1: No such file or directory

When I re-run the script with your commands, they show up again:
0.0.0105(DIAG) at ( 94: 20) is dasdf      : active at blocksize 512,
250000 blocks, 122 MB
0.0.0106(DIAG) at ( 94: 24) is dasdg      : active at blocksize 512,
500000 blocks, 244 MB
0.0.0107(DIAG) at ( 94: 28) is dasdh      : active at blocksize 512,
750000 blocks, 366 MB

lnxm500:/tmp # swapon -a
lnxm500:/tmp # swapon -s
Filename                                Type            Size    Used
Priority
/dev/dasdg1                             partition       247912  0
-1
/dev/dasdf1                             partition       123948  0
-2
/dev/dasdh1                             partition       371872  0
-3

Is this the expected behavior, or should mkinitrd/zipl have made it all
transparent?
I do see the DIAG DASDS during the mkinitrd process.

Ray