No, I understood what he meant. I was expressing a sincere dislike for
diluting the discussion here with Yet Another Place to check for
things that interest me.

Doing the discussion using the discussion tools in Mediawiki is a
significant step backward in function in that I have to use their
editor and their encoding, and I can't take advantage of any of the
editing and indexing tools I've developed over the years, The MW
editor is really crude and not really very well adapted to keyboard-
oriented users.

I guess I'm just getting less tolerant of things that use my time
unwisely. I'd like to contribute, but the tools are so far away from
what I spend most of my day doing that there's a lot of impact to how
effective I can be. I could write comments and stuff in text files and
then upload it, but at that point I might as well just post it to this
list.

It's a useful project. I just don't think the discussion tools in the
wiki are very good.

- db

On Sep 25, 2009, at 2:07 AM, "John Summerfield" <deb...@herakles.homelinux.org