On Monday, 10/26/2009 at 05:10 EDT, Ron Foster at Baldor-IS
<rfos...@baldor.com> wrote:

> The other wild card is z/VM 6.1.  According to Reed Mullen's SHARE
> presentation, is that it contains changes to enhance z/VM's virtual
> networking.  I don't know by how much.  At SHARE, Bill Bitner said that
z/VM
> 6.1 was not ready to be talked about.

The enhancements to VSWITCH involve guest-guest communications.  There
shouldn't be much change in over-the-wire speeds & feeds.

z/VM 6.1 GA'd last week, so we can talk about it all we want now.  :-)

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott