>Do you have statistics for packets on each interface in the port group?

When I had the VSWITCH setup I was looking closely into this. While not
perfectly balanced due to our client distribution, there was reasonable traffic
going on on all interfaces. And it was the processor power available. When
cycles were taken away by our higher prioity SAP engines throughput immediately
sufferred way below the 100 MB/s mark.

>Physical switches have multiple load balancing algorithms to choose from.

Exactly. Our Cisco VSS switch pair does, as is exhibited by the distribution I
am currently seeing coming in on the dedicated OSA's. Nothing changed outside
of the zSeries. The problem still exists on outgoing traffic due to the old
bonding driver level in SLES10 SP2 that only allows layer2 hashing. The one
outgoing OSA used is pegged at 80-90 percent utilization according to PTK.

Pieter Harder

Brabant Water N.V.
Postbus 1068
5200 BC  's-Hertogenbosch