This sort of thing comes up on the z/OS RACF forum with distressing regularity.
The "smart money" always responds that the auditor is not the maker of the
rules / policies. The auditor is supposed to get a list of the company rules /
policies and simply confirm that the department being audited either does or
does not pass the audit with documentation when it does not. Unfortunately,
auditors of today have become "activist judges" who are making laws from the
bench. And corporate management is letting them do it (likely because corporate
management doesn't know how to manage anymore).

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell