PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
how about imparting some of that vast knowledge you seem to be harboring in that horse of yours?
I already gave her the best technical advice she's gotten yet.

I said, "Don't do that , it doesn't add to your system security and it's dangerous."
Why does the user "games" have to exist on a linux system?
It owns some files. It can't login, that is why something like /sbin/nologin (from memory) is its shell.

The more kozmik issue is that all sorts of utilities and regimens think that certain well-known system accounts do exist. Due to the open source context, it thus becomes a Halting Problem to determine whether you're going to get surprises if you delete these
accounts.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # «'I know what "it" means well enough, when I find
http://www.well.com/~jax # a thing,' said the Duck: 'it's generally a frog or