>>> On 11/2/2009 at 11:53 PM, Jack Woehr <j...@well.com> wrote:
-snip-
> I have peered the glass house environment, but never really grokked it.

It's got nothing to do with the "glass house."  I ran into the same mind set
more with UNIX auditors than I ever did with mainframe auditors.  At that time,
mainframe auditors largely knew what they were doing, whereas most UNIX
auditors didn't seem to (as much).  Not to say there wasn't more emphasis on
smaller stuff than necessary, but by and large they weren't bad.  It was the
open systems auditors that had the long, long list of hard and fast rules that
no one could argue with.