>>> On 3/1/2010 at 11:27 AM, "Peter E. Abresch Jr.   - at Pepco"
<peabre...@pepco.com> wrote:
> We will like to upgrade to SP3. I like to use our local yup repository and
> use Yast2 to upgrade by applying the move-to-sles10-sp3 patch.

I don't know that using a YUP repository is going to work for this type of
upgrade.  There is some interaction between the system being upgraded and the
update server to get the new update catalogs visible and subscribed.  YUP isn't
going to do that for you.

If you haven't already (and it seems clear you haven't), it's time to turn your
YUP server into a SLES11/SMT11 server.  I think you'll like it better, and it's
supported.