Anyone got it to run in a virtual machine? I downloaded the img files and used
a variation of the REDHAT EXEC to punch them to the virtual reader. I IPL it
appears to be doing things but I never get anything on the console. I assume it
can write to a dumb terminal or at least a virtual HMC.  Display the SVC PSW
shows it executing syscalls and we don't appear to be in a program interrupt
loop.

On 11/24/10 10:22 PM, "Patrick Spinler" <spinler.patr...@mayo.edu> wrote:

On 11/24/10 8:00 PM, Patrick Spinler wrote:

> I'll give a go at installing F14 on a mainframe this weekend.
>
> Is there anything in particular to test, or just the base install?
>
> -- Pat

Alright, I haven't finished the install yet, it's still running, but let
me just say that the initial install script (what gets run from the
punched initrd) is pretty darn sweet.  I really really like the options
to go back and redo stuff, but default everything I've told it so far.
Also, the option to autoscan for dasd devices is pretty neat.

More comments to come ...