On 11/24/10 9:30 PM, Neale Ferguson wrote:
> Anyone got it to run in a virtual machine? I downloaded the img files and
> used a variation of the REDHAT EXEC to punch them to the virtual reader. I
> IPL it appears to be doing things but I never get anything on the console. I
> assume it can write to a dumb terminal or at least a virtual HMC.  Display
> the SVC PSW shows it executing syscalls and we don't appear to be in a
> program interrupt loop.

Yup.  No worries, it pretty much just worked for me. z/VM 5.3 on a z9
LPAR.  The only issue I had was downloading a clean and working copy of
the repository onto our install NFS server.  (wget chokes on the
repodata directory, for some reason)

I can send you my exec, parm file, and directory entry if you'd like.

-- Pat