Am 25.11.2010 05:04, schrieb Patrick Spinler:
On 11/24/10 9:51 PM, Patrick Spinler wrote:
>  On 11/24/10 9:30 PM, Neale Ferguson wrote:
>>  Anyone got it to run in a virtual machine? I downloaded the img files and
used a variation of the REDHAT EXEC to punch them to the virtual reader. I IPL it
appears to be doing things but I never get anything on the console. I assume it can
write to a dumb terminal or at least a virtual HMC.  Display the SVC PSW shows it
executing syscalls and we don't appear to be in a program interrupt loop.

>  Yup.  No worries, it pretty much just worked for me. z/VM 5.3 on a z9
>  LPAR.  The only issue I had was downloading a clean and working copy of
>  the repository onto our install NFS server.  (wget chokes on the
>  repodata directory, for some reason)

Another very curious thing.  Post-install, the networking service was
not set to start, chkconfig network --list showed it off at all runlevels.

After the post-install reboot, I had to log into the console, do a
"service network start" and "chkconfig network on"

-- Pat

That happens on all F-14 architectures if you do a minimal install. F-14
uses NetworkManager to set up networking, but Networkmanager isn't
included in a minimal install as that would pull in too many other
packages that aren't really needed otherwise. You've already found the
fix for this, the switch to the standard network scripts without NM.

   Karsten