On 3/3/11 9:49 AM, "Bauer, Bobby (NIH/CIT) [E]" <baue...@mail.nih.gov>
wrote:

>Thanks Berry, yes it did crash with all swap space used. We doubled the
>memory but adding another swap space may keep it from crashing.

Making the virtual machine bigger is probably making things worse.

With real memory that constrained, add another VDISK for swap and check to
see that your VDISKs are prioritized over the real disk. Also, if you
don't have any already, defining some XSTOR in your VM LPAR might help in
that you could page the VDISK very quickly to XSTOR w/o impacting things
too much.

Also look at where your VM paging packs are located -- try to make sure
that they're spread out over as many virtual control units as possible.