On Thursday, August 25, 2011 02:50:41 am you wrote:
> Thanks to all for solving the problem. There was two logical volume and I
> was able to monut and created network config.  Then I bring down the
> sles9sp2 and unmobut the sles10 logical disk.
>
> Then I bring sles10 z/linux up but its it not taking the netwokr
> configuration.
>

> sles10:/etc/sysconfig/network # ls
> ls
> bkp-ifcfg-qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.0468  ifcfg-qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.0468
> config                           ifcfg.template
> dhcp                             ifroute-lo
> if-down.d                        ifservices.template
> if-up.d                          providers
> ifcfg-eth0                       routes
> ifcfg-lo                         scripts
> sles10:/etc/sysconfig/network #
>

> I modified the  ifcfg-qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.0468 file  and route file for
> netwokr configuration
>

> sles10:/etc/sysconfig/network # cat ifcfg-qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.0468
> cat ifcfg-qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.0468
> BOOTPROTO=STATIC
> IPADDR=10.241.1.193
> STARTMODE=ONBOOT
> NETMASK=255.255.248.0
> NETWORK=10.241.1.0
> BROADCAST=10.241.1.255
> _nm_name=qeth-bus-ccw-0.0.0468
> sles10:/etc/sysconfig/network #
>
>sles10:/etc/sysconfig/network # cat routes
>cat routes
>default 10.241.0.1 - -
>sles10:/etc/sysconfig/network #

Try using "STARTMODE=onboot", because I think case matters there.  You should
at least see it try to start the interface during boot if you change that.

As Raymond Higgs pointed out as I was writing this, your NETWORK address is
outside the range specified by your NETMASK.  Your default route is also not
on the same subnet, so it cannot be reached.  You don't have a gateway address
defined, which should be specified with REMOTE_IPADDR=something.

With the NETMASK value you have there, the third component of your NETWORK
address must be 8 or higher, so 10241.8.0 is a valid network given that
netmask.  If the default route and NETWORK addresses are correct, then your
NETMASK should probably be 255.255.255.0.  Try that.
        - MacK.
-----
Edmund R. MacKenty
Software Architect
Rocket Software
275 Grove Street  -  Newton, MA 02466-2272  -  USA
Tel: +1.617.614.4321
Email: m...@rs.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com