RH doesn't support GFS2 on z HW from what I was told.

Brad? Is that still true?

Marcy

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of Mark Post
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:12 AM
To: LINUX-390@vm.marist.edu
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] OCFS2 replacement for SLES ?

>>> On 11/3/2011 at 10:56 AM, David Boyes <dbo...@sinenomine.net> wrote:
> I'm not sure how that solves the Oracle official support problem and their
> increasing pressure to sell hardware and software as an integrated stack, but
> I guess it might work if Novell and RH can exert enough pressure.

David, this is one of the very few times I can remember you getting something
so completely wrong.

There is no "official support problem."  Oracle has _never_ provided official
support to anyone except their direct customers.  That has not and will not
change

OCFS2 is in the mainline kernel tree.  Development will continue there, as it
has since OCFS2 was accepted upstream.

There is going to be an official pronouncement about this as soon as it clears
the review process.  In the meantime, everyone can stop worrying about this.
It's going to be business as usual.

Oh, and as far as I know, Red Hat doesn't care much about OCFS2 in the first
place, since they use GFS2.  Brad, can you comment on that?