Hi,

thanks for your time and answer.
I am sure my storage vendor will disagree with you :-)
The FS corruption are sometimes shared storage and sometimes not.
either way the FS are not mounted on the other systems and there should be
no reason for corruption.
let's put the corruption aside. all the thing you say are normal to linux
shouldn't be normal and should not be accepted.
an open file should not be deleted in any case.
i am using online resize (normally it works) but sometimes it asks me to
umount the FS and fsck it.
the hole approach just seems immature...
I am having a hard time accepting any of the stuff you call "normal" in an
enterprise production solution.

Offer