> and when i think about it all features and messages i get implies that fsck is
> "normal". other than mounting a FS in 2 places (and other stuff like
> that)  i do not expect FS corruption ever.
> all i am trying to say is that i expected more of linux and it looks
> different.

Linux is pretty close to state of the art -- *for the Unix world.* AIX, HP-UX
and Solaris are not much (if any) better.  Tandems are better -- but they're
not mainstream Unix *at all* and they're *really* weird.

Linux isn't (and won't ever be) as reliable as z/OS, and it won't progress in
that direction(at least for a very, very long time) until we start demanding
very detailed instrumentation capabilities that it took z/OS more than 40 years
to acquire. We're dealing with different design points, and at the moment,
"good enough" is exactly that.

As I commented in my other note (and others agreed), the corruption you're
seeing is not normal to Linux; it's something going on in your environment that
is doing something behind Linux' back. I'd concentrate your effort on killing
that problem.