It depends on your approach for DR..  is a physical backup the only method?
  Typically, it's a hybrid ..  use physical backups to restore as much as
you can (hopefully enough to run linux and be able to start backup clients
to restore) - and then use backup/restore clients to go to logical backups
for latest 'clean' data.

Scott Rohling