On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Mark Post <mp...@suse.com> wrote:
>> [root@localhost ~]# mount -v 10.250.24.67:/tmp/iso /tmp/testit
>> mount.nfs: timeout set for Thu Mar  7 10:34:01 2013
>> mount.nfs: trying text-based options
>> 'vers=4,addr=10.250.24.67,clientaddr=10.250.24.67'
>> < ... >
>> ^C
>> [root@localhost ~]#
>
> OK, this clearly indicates that your NFS server isn't working right.  So
> rather than try to figure out why, lets come at this from a different angle.
> Do the various firewalls between your mainframe and your laptop allow FTP,
> HTTP, or even SMB traffic to flow.  If so, use one of those.  HTTP is the
> easiest to diagnose problems with, followed by FTP, SMB and NFS.
>
> The other option would be to download and install the SUSE Linux Starter
> System, and replace the contents of the installation directory with what's on
> your SLES11 SP2 DVD.
>

> Mark Post

> send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
> http://wiki.linuxvm.org/

Hello!
Mark is right of course, but a completely crazy thought occurred to me
earlier. About your laptop, did you have a chance to configure both a
unique user name, and a machine name? That might be confusing the NFS
process.

If all else, would it be possible to use that starter system to create
an image that could be used as a "mount point" to create those images
that our correspondent could use to create others? Including the one
that's concerning this discussion.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drw...@gmail.com