Hi, John.

You will need to change the Install= parameter to specify a FTP URL
instead of an nfs URL.

The format of an ftp: url is:

 ftp://user:password@host:port/path

I think that is self-explanatory, but the full details can be found here:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/ftpurl.html

Good luck.

DJ

On 03/08/2013 09:46 AM, Chase, John wrote:
>> -----Original Message----- From: Linux on 390 Port On Behalf Of
>> Bruce Furber
>>
>> I did my first zlinux install using FTP from a filezIlla server
>> running on my laptop. It was a fast connection on same LAN.
>
> OK, as of this morning I'm "throwing in the towel" on trying to
> install via nfs.  There's obviously something wrong with the nfs
> server in Fedora 18.
>
> Here's the current specification for the Install= parm in the
> PARM-S11 file on z/VM:
>
> Install=nfs://10.250.24.67/var/nfs/sles/iso/SLES-11-SP2-DVD-s390x-GM-DVD1.iso
>
>  To try via ftp, what do I need to change besides the obvious "nfs:"?
> The "Virtualization Cookbook" describes only the nfs method.
>
> -jc-

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments
thereto is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy this message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the
sender immediately, and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part
of its content to any other person.

--
Dave Jones
V/Soft Software