I did my first zlinux install using FTP from a filezIlla server running on my
laptop. It was a fast connection on same LAN.

Not a viable option:  Our "machine room" is remote, and we haven't set up a
"local" HMC yet.

And with
> SLES at least, I also think we could use FTP as an installation source.  It
> might be quicker for you
> to get that going than to continue to bang your head on NFS.

Might be worth a try.  But I'm a stubborn old pheart and don't like giving in
to a dumb machine, even though there aren't any more hard spots on the wall.
:-)

Time to hit the road for the day, and give the wall time to recover some
hardness.  :-)

    -jc-

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments thereto is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the sender immediately,
and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part of its content to any
other person.

Bruce